I was so excited for our neighborhood parade, and then the weather forecast came. So, I put my best "glass half-full" face on and decorated Hayes' wagon! Ryan and I decorated on Friday night after Hayes went to bed and had so much fun creating what I just knew would be the winning entry in the wagon category. I even downloaded patriotic songs to play on a CD player in the wagon! Here was our results!
Ryan had the idea to name it "Patriot Missle".
I barely slept that night in anticipation of how excited Hayes was going to be to see his wagon! All morning long the rain stayed away so we loaded up my car and headed to the meeting spot. As soon as we pulled in, one of Hayes' favorite things pulled in behind us...a FIRE TRUCK! So, of course I took him over and he was in awe!
15 minutes before the parade started, a fine mist started. I should have known that this was not good. At this point however, there was no way that they could call off the parade, the parking lot was full of families all decked out in parade gear. So we line up to start on the "parade route" and the rain really came!
Please keep in mind that our house one block away from the finishing point of the parade, so we were in it for the long haul! Ryan and I start laughing at how memorable this will someday be, Hayes was looking around wondering what his parents have gotten him into (the pacifier had to go in because he got mad at Mommy when I took him off of someone's motorized car), and to top it all off the patriotic music stopped working because the CD player was getting wet (I mean drenched)!! Towards the end, Ryan and I were running the last distance to our house. We all had fun, but I really wanted to win. Maybe next year we will have sunny skies!
What a super-cute wagon!!!
ReplyDelete