that is until Hayes fell in love with trains! One of my friends is a sweetheart and let Hayes borrow all of her son's Thomas the Train collection. He loved them so much once I brought them home that he had to bathe and sleep with one!
No train table yet, so I'll just use Mommy's slippers as my tunnel!
So, I began researching train tables and decided to go with Pottery Barn's Activity Table and Cart in espresso. I decided this would be a good choice because as Hayes grows up and outgrows trains he can use it for other things like Legos or whatever else it is that boys like as they grow. So Ryan and I went to Penn Square Mall on Friday evening (minus Hayes) to purchase it and came home to put it together. It goes perfect upstairs in our half playroom half tv room! The next morning my mom and I went to Hobby Lobby to buy some felt to make a mat.
But then my mom cut it too short, so we went with Plan B...green sheet foam. I think this turned out way better then the felt!
Oops! The top fell off of the bridge!
He LOVES the tunnel!
Mommy made the figure 8 track with the Roundhouse as extra scenery.
Daddy came home from golfing to help me with the trains.
I'm no expert at putting together all the tracks, but thankfully you can get online and print out several options. I am in love and so is Hayes!!!


choo choo!love that little boyy! love the post, britt! so glad i get to keep up with my fav little boy in the world!! -aunt amy
ReplyDelete