Friday, September 17, 2010

Full Cup

At the beginning of the school year we watched a video from a National Geographic photographer Dewitt Jones.  He is more of an inspirational speaker now, but his messages seem so simple.  This message was about beginning each day with a full cup.  Finding something that fills you up each day so that you live your life with passion which then flows into what you do daily.  These 5 things that bring you joy have to be non-work related.  He said in the video that the more you're grateful, the happier you'll be.  I think so many times, we get caught up in the day to day routines and forget to take the time to think of these fillers!  So, here are the 5 things that fill my cup!


1 and 2
Hayes and Ryan (and all my family)
I never really understood what it meant to love someone so much that it hurt, until Hayes was born.  
Not only did this statement become true, but I doubled for my husband!


3
Doing crafty things and having family and friends over to be together!  


4 
My students!  How could you ever resist these faces and seeing the lightbulb go off when they learn something!  (I know that the instructions were not to use work, but I'm cheating a little!)

5
 
Memories of my dad and finding his humor in myself
Even though my dad is gone, I am proud of how I was raised and all that my mom and dad taught me.  It never makes the sting of not having a dad now go away, but memories and laughter ease this.  


I hope that you take the moment to think of what fills your cup.  I know we all realize that each day is a gift and should be lived letting all your cup know how much you treasure them (or it) in your life!



No comments:

Post a Comment