Then we were off! How corny am I that I got tears in my eyes when we pulled in and I saw the sign pointing traffic to the "Day out with Thomas" area! I just knew he was going to burst with excitement!
Day out with Thomas was set up with different tents and different activities in them. Immediately when you walked in there was a place to take a picture with Sir Topham Hatt. To which Randy says, "Who is Sir Top Ham Hat?". And Suzanne quickly replied, "He is he owner of Sodor Trains and tells everyone they are a useful engine!". Priceless! I then added, "Or that they are causing confusion and delay!". How sad is it that we know all the lines of what the characters say on that show!
Trying to pick Sir Topham Hatt's nose!
High 5 Sir!
Right before the little boy in the yellow shirt came and grabbed the choo choo from Hayes!
Then we heard the toots of Thomas' whistle and ran to see him coming down the tracks! Again, I was waiting for Hayes to jump and scream with joy when he saw Thomas. Not so much...he just kept saying "ooohhh" or "choo choo," which was still very cute! Then we boarded the train and Hayes was not too happy that we weren't actually riding on Thomas!
Here comes Thomas!!
Boarding the train...CHOO CHOO!!
See! Not happy!!! Nei Nei's face here is priceless!
Hayes was "very useful" as he gave the lady our tickets!
After leaving the train ride, Ryan sported the Thomas backpack.
You know you are a dad when...you wear your son's backpack that barely fits over your shoulder!
For Auntie Em!
This hat is going to be perfect for his Halloween costume!!
For our last stop we headed to the front of the train to get a close up picture with Thomas! Thomas was so cute! When he got ready to leave for his next ride, steam actually came out of his pipe and his eyes moved back and forth.
A super fun day and such a fun thing to do with our family!
So cute! You've heard my Thomas story, right? When Will was 4, I bought tickets for Jason to take him up there (I had a meeting at work I couldn't miss), but then I sent them up there on the totally wrong day. Thomas wasn't even there yet! Will cried and cried and I was a terrible mommy! But I took him the next day (the REAL day) and to this day he still talks about going up there with Dad and Thomas not being ready yet.
ReplyDelete