Thursday, November 4, 2010

Potty Time

Well, I thought I'd get the potty seat just to introduce Hayes to it and play/practice.  I started by making a big deal of Mommy and Daddy going to the potty (sorry if this is too much information!) and Ryan even made a song up!  Then, before Hayes would get into the bathtub I would sit him on the potty and make a huge deal of him sitting on the potty.  Next, he actually went #1 in the potty!!!!!  Now, every night before we get into the bath, Hayes goes potty.  The funny thing is that he always points to the real potty and says, "Mommy potty!" and then wants me to sit on the potty before he will sit on the potty too.  So, I sit (not for real people!) and he takes care of his business and then we celebrate.  So fun!  The other day I got him a fire truck book.  He thought that this was a perfect thing to take with him to the potty.  I think he is getting the hang of it!  He even does this at his Granna and Nei Nei's houses!  


Side note:  Please excuse me joining Hayes in these pictures.  I promise it isn't the real thing!  I'm just supporting him and playing along, I promise!


Some light bathroom reading.


Yeah!  Hayes Peepee!


Maybe when the time comes for real potty training, it won't be as bad as I hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment