Thursday, October 7, 2010

5 Years

Five years ago today my family's life was radically changed , and not for the better!  My dad died from injuries he received during a motorcycle ride.  I remember everything about that day down to what I was wearing.  Every year when Oct 7th creeps up, I always get this indescribable feeling of dread and sadness.  I don't think that I like to talk about it much, for me the memories and hospital time hurt too bad to go there.  Yes, I'll always be able to talk about things that my family did together, but I don't like to reflect too much because it hurts pretty badly.

One of the things that I remember thinking when I found out that we were pregnant was how much I would have loved to see my dad with my baby.  Now as Hayes is getting older and is figuring out who his family members are, it seems to be a constant longing for my dad to be around to spend time with Hayes.  One day I'm going to get the question from Hayes, "Mommy where is your Daddy?".  To which I have no idea how to do two things.  1.  Tell my child that my daddy lives in Heaven and 2. Express to him what a wonderful man my father was.  So, I thought that maybe  I could write some things down to one day share with him about a man that left his family too soon.  My words to Hayes in Part 2 tomorrow!







1 comment:

  1. Such a great idea! I'm having this issue with Sterling right now and it is so hard! Praying for you and your family. I know how hard it is!

    ReplyDelete