Monday, June 20, 2011

Cabo Vacation Part 1

We had a wonderful vacation in Cabo!  The last time we went I was pregnant with Hayes, so I was excited to go back and get to partake in cocktails by the pool!  I have to admit I was very nervous about traveling with Hayes, but he surprised me!  Now don't get me wrong, there is nothing fun about flying with a young child; but after that it was great!

On our first day we were up with the rooster to catch the plane which we then almost missed.  Then we had to de-board so they could fix a mechanical issue.  This made us then miss our connecting flight from Dallas to Cabo.  Not a way to start out!  But... Our connecting flight had mechanical issues so it was late leaving Dallas, so we got to connect!  Whew!!  Once we arrived at our beautiful hotel and met up with Suzanne and Randy, we changed into our swimsuits and hit the pool!  It was an infinity pool that looked like it was going out into the ocean.  


We got to the pool in time for Happy Hour!  2 for 1 drinks,  margaritas  here we come!  The pool was very warm which was nice since the breeze there had a coolness to it.  I brought Hayes some snacks and he went with Aunt Emily and Clint to the swim up bar to eat them.  Emily said that there was a lot of pool water mixed with the Pringles during the snack experience.  One thing that I loved about this pool that we were at (it was one of several on the resort property) were the steps that Hayes was able to play on.  He loved it and everyone was so great with taking him around the pool.


Aunt Emily and Clint heading to the swim up bar where Hayes insisted on eating his snack!


Cheese!


Fun steps!

That night at dinner (Maro's Shrimp House, Home of the world's greatest margarita that they claim is like your Mother's milk-ha!) Hayes slept through it all!  The yipping and yelling of the margaritas being brought to our table and the marache bands playing music all around, I was shocked!



Suzanne was nice enough to hold Hayes while Ryan and I ate, 
its kindof hard to hold a baby and cut a steak!

The next day we hit the pool and played all day in the pool and that evening we went to Solomon's on the Marina to watch the Mavs game.  Stay tuned for more of our vacation!




1 comment:

  1. Yippee! I've been waiting so patiently for these pics! Looking forward to Part 2!!!

    ReplyDelete