On Sundays I sometimes have to go to work to get some things ready for the upcoming week....trust me, it is not good to have 22 5 and 6 year olds walking into an unprepared room on Monday morning; they will eat you alive and it will be the longest day of your life! Anyways, I decided to try taking Hayes with me because there are so many toys that I thought he would enjoy playing with while I worked. I hit the jackpot! He loved the kitchen area in my classroom! He would put all the different pretend foods into the pitcher (naming them as he put them in) and then put it into the "stove" and say, "Hot!". Then he would bring me his creation and get all the food out one at a time and show me what each food item was. I was so impressed that he really did know what the foods are because he surely isn't eating them!
Hayes is making "hot chocky" here and eating a slice of cheese!
"Hot chocky" he has learned from the million times we watch Polar Express! (Yes, even though Christmas is so over!!)
His finished dish or should I say pitcher.
As you can see by looking around my classroom at all the different tubs out, he was having a good time making food or playing with the tubs!
No comments:
Post a Comment