Sunday, September 18, 2011

Too Tight

Well, getting dressed for church is always fun around our house.  I use the term fun very loosely!!!!  It has taken me a month to get to the point where Hayes will put on a collared shirt without a fuss.  He actually listened to reason about when we go to church we have to wear nicer clothes and when we are home we can wear "home clothes".  So, for church this week I busted out the khaki pants.  (Remember, getting on a collared shirt is no biggie now!)  Only they were from last year so they were a little short to say the least.  So he was going to wear a pair of jeans from last year (which were on the brink of being too short).  He wore them around the house then came up to me and told me they were too tight.  Fair enough.  I went and found of pair of 3T shorts that he has never worn, ironed them, and came back to his room.  Well, he had on a pair of pajama shorts and told me that he didn't want to wear the shorts that I had because they were "too tight".  It was a downhill battle from there!  I then showed him another pair, to which he replied "too tight".  This went on for 4 different shorts.  Crying then came, followed by Ryan and me forcing a pair of shorts on him.  Not good.  So to time out he went.


I then got the idea to bribe him.  You put on shorts, you get candy.  Simple enough and it eventually worked.  Take a look at how we finally forced his hand to wearing shorts.







The final outfit was one for the record books.  He wore the orange collared shirt with the green madras shorts.  My thinking was that I would put a white shirt on him to go with the madras shorts, but he started refusing to take off the collared shirt and at that point I felt that he had given in to both of our requests.  Even if they didn't particularly look great together.


Morale of the story:  If you see me out and about with Hayes, don't be surprised if his outfit is a little kooky!  Chances are he refused to wear the nice matching outfit that I so lovingly prepared!


No comments:

Post a Comment