I had to bribe him to wear this shirt by giving him a piece of candy after the picture!
Now for the non-blogging reason: I've been so worn out and barely able to make it through my day so blogging really has gone to the back burner! We have told him about being a big brother since we found out. I seriously doubt that he knows what in the world we are talking about, but I keep thinking if we use the words "big brother" and "baby in Mommy's tummy" that maybe he will begin to understand what it all means! When we ask him if he wants a baby brother or baby sister, he most often replies a baby sister. We think it would be so fun to have one of each!
Today was our 12 week ultrasound and it was so wonderful to finally see the little baby (and realize that I am not feeling awful for a phantom being!)
Isn't it cute?!
Now for even more exciting news! Both the ultrasound tech and the doctor at different times told us that they were 70% sure it is a GIRL!! Woo hoo!! Bring on the owls!! We went to dinner with our parents to tell them the news. It also happens to be Ryan's birthday so we did a fun reveal for Hayes that also told our parents the sex (well 70% sure sex!).
I put a pink balloon in a sack and had Hayes open it up to show our parents.
He looks excited, huh?!
For those of you that remember, on Ryan's birthday 3 years ago we did a reveal to see if we were having a boy or girl (that time it was 100% sure!). Here is what that looked like 3 years ago today!
A friend wrapped a boy or girl Sooners outfit to tell us based on what the ultrasound tech wrote down on a card that I gave to her.
Man, Ryan has had some really fun birthdays!
So, keep us in your thoughts and prayers for a continued healthy pregnancy! We are so happy and feel very blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment