My alarm went off and I rolled over to Ryan and said, "Man I wish my phone would ring to say NO SCHOOL." But it didn't, so I got in the shower. As soon as I turned off the shower, I heard my phone ringing. NO SCHOOL! (Too bad my hair was soaking wet!!!) So I wrapped my drenched hair in a towel put back on my pj's and got back into bed. Hayes must have known it was a special day because he slept until 8:10! Woo hoo!!! I loved going in to tell him, "Mommy gets to stay home with you today because it is a snow day!" We went to look out the window and practiced saying "snow". Then we began the daily ritual of getting "milt" (milk). The kid needs it almost as badly as his mommy needs her caffeine! He then went to his chair and started watching The Chipmunks: The Squeakquel. (Ryan and I couldn't handle watching movies over and over and over so we had the idea to get out the DVD player we sometimes use on road trips...works like a charm!)
Dancing and clapping to the Chipette's version of Single Ladies!
One of Hayes' other new favorite things is playing on my "ro" (phone). It is scary how good he is at turning it on and then finding the app he wants!
After bath time we went to make Mommy and Daddy's bed. This never really works with him because of the following:
he likes to hide in between the Euro shams! Then...
He likes to throw all the pillows off!
During the clearing of the pillows game, he spotted my iPad. This has been his other latest obsession. He can say "iPad" and can navigate it to find the movie he wants or any other game. The iPad has also become our secret weapon when we go out to eat. It really does keep him entertained! Which means Mommy and Daddy get to somewhat enjoy their meal!
Then we had to take a balloon hitting break!
I can't wait to see what he will do when all of his birthday party balloons are around.
Then back to the portable DVD player.
Then upstairs to play with his train table.
Fast forward to after nap time. "Naks" (snacks) were on the agenda!
Not any snacks...fruit gummy Toy Story 3 snacks!
What a fun day we had relaxing together.




No comments:
Post a Comment