Monday, December 12, 2011

Advent Calendar

I honestly believed that Hayes would really love the advent calendar this year.  He loved Day 1 present...





However, I still think I might be one year away from him truly understanding that each day we countdown and get a small treat.  He never seems interested in coming over to the calendar every night and seeing what is in the little pocket.  Take a look at the Day 1 gift that my mom treated him with!



The Polar Express!!!




(FYI:  He's holding up one finger because it was my intent to take a picture daily 
of what we did for the advent calendar that day.)








Honestly, our Elf on the Shelf hasn't been much better!  Another bummer for Mommy!  He didn't really want to read the book and finally decided to let me read it to him.  Then, it was like pulling teeth to get him to name the elf.  Our family proudly welcomed Clyde and Hayes occasionally checks to see what he is up to.  Again, I'm not sure that he understands that Clyde reports to Santa about Hayes' behavior.  



If it tells you anything, he wouldn't even let me take another picture of him with Clyde once we opened him up.  Oh well, for this year I'll take the excitement that Hayes has for singing "Jingle Bells" and looking at Christmas lights!  Next year we will conquer Clyde and the advent calendar.  

No comments:

Post a Comment