Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thankful

So everyone on Facebook has been posting something that they are thankful for every day.  It really makes you think each day as you read what others are thankful for, what you are thankful for.  Then I got Hayes this precious plate at Tulips and decided that I would try to talk with him about what we have that we are "happy" that we have.  




I tried to talk with him about his special new plate that he would get to eat on at Thanksgiving and we said the word thankful several times.  I'm pretty sure Hayes' list of thankful would look like this:
-chocolate milk
-Chuggington
-Polar Express
-his Daddy (who now is the only one allowed to bathe him and read books to him...really makes mommy sad!)
-all of his grandparents, aunts and uncles, and special friends
-snuggling in bed in the mornings
-trains


I, however; have been thinking each day about what I'm thankful for.  Here goes!
-my wonderful husband who loves me through all my moods 
-a beautiful little boy who makes me smile, laugh and be the best I can be daily
-a healthy pregnancy and baby girl
-close friends who know how you are doing simply by looking at you or hearing your voice and get my humor
-a job that makes me smile
-being raised by parents who helped me grow into my own person as they were gently guiding me along
-having wonderful memories of my father
-having a mother who is also a wonderful friend
-a sister who has a wonder heart and follows it daily
-all my in-laws, who love my child more than I ever thought would be possible and always make me feel a part of their "original" family
-my freedom that is fought for daily
-Dr. Pepper and cheese


I know that my list could go on, but these are things that I feel define who I am.  I hope you have taken the time to reflect on what you are thankful for!  Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment